Yawn.....Don't you love lazy Sunday mornings!
Well it's Sunday morning and our household is starting to stir.....mind you though I've been up for a few hours now. It's the girls (Ingrid and Nicole) who have decided to let the doona monster get the better of them until lunchtime :-)
I thought I'd take the quiet time to learn how to post piccies up to this blog. A picture speaks a thousand words, and there's not much point explaining what London looks like when we can just show you :-)
A few weeks ago we went to the Borough Markets just near London Bridge and Shakespeare's old Globe theatre. For those who know Cairns, they were like Rusty's markets, but somehow a whole lot classier :-)
Here's Dan, Kirsty and Ingy just after we arrived on the tube...

Eating these was the first time I finally understood why people rave about strawberries - they were abosutely juicy, sweet and delicious. Australian strawberries (the ones I've had anyway) just don't compare!

And check out this fish monger - so many varieties from the cold Atlantic Ocean that I've never seen before....
I thought I'd take the quiet time to learn how to post piccies up to this blog. A picture speaks a thousand words, and there's not much point explaining what London looks like when we can just show you :-)
A few weeks ago we went to the Borough Markets just near London Bridge and Shakespeare's old Globe theatre. For those who know Cairns, they were like Rusty's markets, but somehow a whole lot classier :-)
Here's Dan, Kirsty and Ingy just after we arrived on the tube...
Here's Kirsty drooling over the fantastic strawberries that are in season at the moment.

Eating these was the first time I finally understood why people rave about strawberries - they were abosutely juicy, sweet and delicious. Australian strawberries (the ones I've had anyway) just don't compare!

And check out this fish monger - so many varieties from the cold Atlantic Ocean that I've never seen before....
And this table of cocoa coated chocolate truffles had everyone in a drooling lather!
And finally here's a shot of Ingy on the tube on the way home :-)
Anyway, so that was our trip to the Borough Markets. We've all made each other a promise that one day soon we'll host a dinner party for all our new friends here where everything has to be bought fresh from the Borough Markets. It wont be cheap, but by god it will be fantastic!!
Bye for now.
D.x.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home