Wear the fox hat...

Thursday, July 21, 2005

It’s NOT the same but it’s the same!

As I do our weekly Tesco’s grocery shopping….online, I’m constantly reminded that products seem to be the same…but they’re not the same! It was taking me hours to decide on what brands to buy. You underestimate the convenience of familiarity. Andrex toilet paper has a cuddly looking dog on the packaging…could it be Kleenex? Is it the same? Sure deodorant has a big tick on it….could it be our favorite trusty Rexona in disguise? Cif is Jif! Rice Bubbles are Rice Krispies in identical packaging. Those uber-cool Nudie fruit drinks….are called Innocent here. Here I was thinking Nudie was an original idea! Not so ‘innocent’ after all! This phenomenon is not just in the supermarkets!

Recently, while flicking thru still unfamiliar TV channels I stumbled across a show called Baddiel and Skinner Unplanned!....it was basically 2 guys sitting on the couch taking questions from a small audience…..sound familiar…..or should I same ‘the same’?? Merrick and Rosso are faking it! The BBC Newsroom has SBS Lee Lin Chin’s twin sister reading the news every morning and gay guys feature in home renovation competitions!

On the road…the cars are the same, but take a closer look and you’ll find the shiny badge reveals a different name…Holden is Vauxhall…a Ute is a Cab…and a shaggin’wagon is an estate!

Thongs are flip-flops, Zucchini’s are Corgettes and the most well known it’s NOT the same but it’s the same…..Soccer is Football!

Though we all started from the same place, and our places have the same names….I can confidently say that England is not the same...

Ing. X

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home