Dejavu.....not quite.
Hi all,
Well it's been a while since I've written anything - but that's not for want of trying. A few nights ago I wrote a long blog-entry talking about the London bombings, how they effected life here, and how we were feeling about living here. But when I tried to send it I got a stupid internet error and lost the lot!! So I turned the laptop off and went to bed in protest!!
Anyway, as you'll no doubt hear about very soon (you're all in bed asleep as I write this) there was another attempted bombing on the London Underground today. We first heard of it at work whilst reading the news on the web - it was initially reported as a nail bomb, then it got upgraded to blasting caps, and finally it's being reported that they were fully-fledged bombs like the ones that killed 56 people a few weeks ago - except they didn't go off!! The idiots who made them must have mixed the chemicals wrongly, so when they set them off only the the detonators went off. So tonight we all breathe a sigh of relief - several hundred more innocent people nearly died today.
Otherwise Ing and I are going well - the weather here at the moment is awesome. 25deg days with perfect clear skies. Who would have thought raining old England could be like the Gold Coast for weeks on end!
we're both fully consumed with work and both of us can't wait to take our first weekend away. I get paid (finally) on the 5th August, so we're thinking of a long-weekend in Paris on the Eurostar. Apparently you board at Waterloo (centre of London) with your suitcase and passport, and 2.5hrs (and several beers) later you get off the train in the centre of Paris! Beats flying - it'd take over an hour just to get the tube out to Heathrow, then you've gotta get from the Paris airport into town once you're there.
Anyway, there's sooooo many deals and offers around at the moment that we really can pick and choose where we take a weekend away. Once the money starts to flow we'd like to take a trip once a month, but that might be harder to do during winter so we'd better make the most of this weather.
Besides we're planning on coming home for a month in October/November. We've got Matt/Anita's wedding on the 15th Oct, and Dan/Dave's wedding on the 12th Nov. So that leaves nearly 4 whole weeks in which to travel around Australia and see all of our family and friends. If we get time we might even sneak in some time at a resort :-)
Anyway Ing is preparing a beautiful dinner of skate and steamed veges, so I'd better clear the table.
Hope everybody is going well, and thanks for all your emails over the past few weeks.
Dean XO
Well it's been a while since I've written anything - but that's not for want of trying. A few nights ago I wrote a long blog-entry talking about the London bombings, how they effected life here, and how we were feeling about living here. But when I tried to send it I got a stupid internet error and lost the lot!! So I turned the laptop off and went to bed in protest!!
Anyway, as you'll no doubt hear about very soon (you're all in bed asleep as I write this) there was another attempted bombing on the London Underground today. We first heard of it at work whilst reading the news on the web - it was initially reported as a nail bomb, then it got upgraded to blasting caps, and finally it's being reported that they were fully-fledged bombs like the ones that killed 56 people a few weeks ago - except they didn't go off!! The idiots who made them must have mixed the chemicals wrongly, so when they set them off only the the detonators went off. So tonight we all breathe a sigh of relief - several hundred more innocent people nearly died today.
Otherwise Ing and I are going well - the weather here at the moment is awesome. 25deg days with perfect clear skies. Who would have thought raining old England could be like the Gold Coast for weeks on end!
we're both fully consumed with work and both of us can't wait to take our first weekend away. I get paid (finally) on the 5th August, so we're thinking of a long-weekend in Paris on the Eurostar. Apparently you board at Waterloo (centre of London) with your suitcase and passport, and 2.5hrs (and several beers) later you get off the train in the centre of Paris! Beats flying - it'd take over an hour just to get the tube out to Heathrow, then you've gotta get from the Paris airport into town once you're there.
Anyway, there's sooooo many deals and offers around at the moment that we really can pick and choose where we take a weekend away. Once the money starts to flow we'd like to take a trip once a month, but that might be harder to do during winter so we'd better make the most of this weather.
Besides we're planning on coming home for a month in October/November. We've got Matt/Anita's wedding on the 15th Oct, and Dan/Dave's wedding on the 12th Nov. So that leaves nearly 4 whole weeks in which to travel around Australia and see all of our family and friends. If we get time we might even sneak in some time at a resort :-)
Anyway Ing is preparing a beautiful dinner of skate and steamed veges, so I'd better clear the table.
Hope everybody is going well, and thanks for all your emails over the past few weeks.
Dean XO

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home